Sunday, February 15, 2009

First Impressions II

I've been back to downloading new music, even though I haven't listened to everything I have now. I try and find bands I have not heard about on the radio or in a magazine, instead I just scroll down the list of the new adds for the site and if the band name, or album, or art grabs my attention I write it down.

Later I search them out on-line and I write down the first thing I think of when I hear them. I try and not judge them based on their web page, and I hope I'm not too harsh on them. I list the album name, the band name, and my first impression of them.

Don't take my word for it, the link goes to the bands site. Click it and you can give them a listen yourself.


3 Rounds & A Sound
Blind Pilot

West Coast Alt.Country

Fields & Floods
Joshua James

Another Folk Singer

African Trip
Leeroy

Reinventing The Reinvented
I really liked this guys stuff as I listened to more of it especially after I saw this video.

The Mysterious Production Of Eggs
Andrew Bird

Happy Music For Sad Times

We Play Endlessly
Sigur Ros

Beautiful Ambiance

How To Fake Like Your Nice And Caring
Cargo City

Happy Germans Do American Pop

Green Magic
El-Thule

Metal Mas Macho

The Great Shakes
Swingset

Not Bad

Serve or Suffer
Esoteric

Rolling Metal

Sun Moon & Stars
A Band Called Quinn

Squeaky Girl Makes Pop Pops

Burn Piano Island, Burn
The Blood Brothers

Screaming Thrashing Awesome

This Is Why We Don't Have Nice Things
Every Avenue

Your Radio Station Loves Them

Dirty Urine
The BadSeed

Buy Your Own Beats & Some New Rhymes

Since the band above was not listed as The Bad Seed, I did not find them at first. Instead I found this Bad Seed who is The Anger Of Wilkes-Barre. I thought this Bad Seed was more likely to have an album called Dirty Urine, but I was missing the clever entendre that the Brooklyn Bad Seed was going for, alas. Based on Brooklyn Bad Seed's myspace I hope he doesn't dedicate a beef to these kids, cause I think they would kick his ass. Speaking of Wilkes-Barre...

Leave Ruin
Strand of Oaks

The Love of Wilkes-Barre

Rock and Roll
The New Standards

On Vibes....

Fade to Bright
Squirtgun

America Does Rock Best :P

Truck Off

Goober Patrol

Brit New Punk

Handshakes, Hello & Goodbye
The Prisoners Dilemma

Its Just Soooooooo Sad :..(

The Spell

Ivan

Men Without Hats Goes Solo, Electronique

Wall Of Sound
Natural 7

Roomful of Beatbox

Vibrate You
King Adora

Boring Rocker

When Machines Exceed Human Intelligence
Harmonic 313

Aussies Dig Rap

Hope you enjoyed the list or even better found it useful or best found a band you liked, but before now you had never heard.

No comments: