Friday, January 20, 2017

Inauguration Day 2017: Making Everything Great

Today is the big day. President Elect Donald Trump become our 45th President, at our 58th Presidential Inauguration. Personally I'm still a little shocked that it is happening, but it is happening and we will have at least four years of President Trump. For the sake of my country, I wish him the best. He has a singular mandate to produce working and middle class jobs that offer upward mobility for Americans, but beyond that I 'm not sure what he should do. 

Certainly a Republican controlled House, Senate, Executive, and Court (in theory) will make some drastic changes to taxes for the wealthy, reducing most regulations on industry, and scale back on federal government spending. The hole produced by less federal money will be given to lowest bidder, lowest quality, least accountability private companies. 

I'll always be an American, I'll always love the idea of America as embodied by my favorite comic hero, Captain America. While I want my country to do well, it doesn't mean I have to like the president so here is what I think my hero would do to the man who has no heroes, and a great Bronze age What If cover. 









No comments: