Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Deadpool Movie

I've never been a big Deadpool fan. I liked the tail end of the Deadpool vol. 1, which was written by the fabulous Gail Simone and with art by the incredible Udon. Unfortunately this series led to the weird Agent X series which kind of sucked. Strangely because it wasn't Deadpool. I also liked Deadpool as the comic relief portion of the Uncanny X-Force series by Rick Remender and some fantastic Esad Ribic covers.

What drove me away from Deadpool is the fandom. Mostly they seem to be immature goofs and jag offs. People who pretty much embody the worst aspects of comic book culture. That said I think Fox nailed Deadpool with the casting of Ryan Reynolds as the lead in their new movie.

This preview looks like it shows everything you want from a Deadpool big screen show. Including a very nice Colossus appearance. I would actually see this.



My only complaint is that it is another origin movie. I really don't think Deadpool needs it. I think it isn't necessary, but the studios can't make a comic movie without an origin in it.

No comments: