Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Purposeful Journey

In about an hour I will start a trip driving across the country.  Leaving Washington DC and ending in Santa Fe, NM, I'm delivering a work vehicle to a hotel where the end user will pick it up. 
The eighteen hundred mile trek needs to be completed in three days.  My flight out of Santa Fe is  scheduled for 7am Saturday so there is not much room for sight seeing, but that won't stop me.  I figure you have to take time to make time and the bice thing about driving is you can do it whenever you want.
Along this first leg I'm looking at a breakfast stop in western VA and lunch in Bristol, TN.  I plan on getting to Memphis, TN tonight and catching up with an old friend.  I definitely want to see the Wax Records studios in Memphis even if I don't get to actually tour them. 
So with my trip planned and the open road before me I set out with a happy heart. 
More to come

No comments: