Friday, January 4, 2013

The Middle

Arkansas and Oklahoma were pretty dull.  I made no diversions of which to speak.  For the most part, I just drove straight through. 
Arkansas seemed like it could be nice but I started so late yesterday I had to just press on through.  Oklahoma too, seemed okay but I crossed the border just around sunset so I missed the  better part of the transition from forest and pines to the scrub brush. 


This morning though I did stop off in Texola, Ok.  This now mostly abandoned town sits right at the Texas-Oklahoma border.  My guess is the place dried up as route 66 traffic left it. 
So I stood at the 100th meridian which divides the two states and that was about it. 



Oklahoma flattens out into the Texas panhandle and the landscape us completely foreign to me.  I've never been in this part of country before and it is very interesting to see. 



I made a dumb assumption a couple of days ago and now I am posting for it so to speak.  I saw some "horse tail" clouds back over Tennessee and figured I should have clear skies for the next day or so until I left. That would have been true if I had stated in I've place but of course I've been driving west and right into the storm.  I'm in Amarillo now and it is snowing. Hopefully it won't amount to much.




No comments: